Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Revisiting Old Thoughts, Again

Wow, I've been away for a while! My apologies to anyone that's been reading this. Anyway, status update on things:

I've basically stopped work on the handful of projects listed here. Rul-Skaath is still rolling around in my head. It needs a better name and a smoother system. For the time being, I'll leave it alone, but it's the one I'm most likely to revisit.

In the time I've been gone, I've picked up the Dresden Files RPG and Strands of Fate, both FATE games. FATE is a system I've avoided in the past, but curiosity finally got the best of me. Once I've had a chance to see the system in play, I intend to post a review of it. As yet, though, all I've been able to do is read the things.

I also picked up Unknown Armies. I don't think I like the system on that one, overall, but I really like the adept magic system and the detailed stress meters. Again, I haven't had much chance to play with it due to player scarcity during the holidays, though.

No comments: